Although my machine is a 600cc Yamaha Thundercat we use Kawasaki GPZ throttlebodies with RC fuel injectors. The main task this week has been altering the throttlebodies to fit the injectors and I have had to spend hours on the milling machine to achieve the accuracy of fit required for the injectors. The bodies were machined down 6.5mm each side to give more space for the air box and iced intercooler, it's a constant battle trying to fit a quart of machinery into a pint pot bike.
On my original throttlebodies for the race engine I made a totally new tick-over mechanism but after fabricating my iced intercooler, I realized I could just reach the original tick-over mechanism without too much difficulty.
|throttlebodies in progress|